Your opinion for options on Model 23

Posted by: jhe8888

Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/20/23 09:02 PM

I want a model 23. Maroon micarta regular handle. Nickle silver hilt. Aluminum and color spacers.

I can't decide between red or black fiber. How is red with maroon micarta?

And what about a nickle silver butt plate for a subtle bit of bling? I haven't seen butt plates on micarta handles that often.

Thanks. Photos always help.
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/20/23 11:38 PM

I personally like ASP/BLK on Maroon..."&" ASP/RED on red & blue micarta. It doesn't "color-clash"!
Hope this helps,
Capt. Chris
PS: Save the plates for stag, where it can be sculptured to stag's natural lines, instead of an "oval"...CCS
Posted by: RUTROW

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/21/23 12:12 AM

here are two that might give you an idea.
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/21/23 08:12 AM

"If" the knife is to be carried in the field, a bit of red "might" help to locate it if it is somehow dropped or set aside.

Have not seen a way to install an "Air Tag" or other geolocation feature in the knives yet...maybe something for the future.

As for color combinations, it comes down to personal taste...all the comments above are good ones, but I find that once I have one setup, something else comes along and is also appealing.

Larry
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/21/23 08:27 AM

I agree with saving the plate for a piece of stag but that’s just my feelings. Let the artists do their crafting!
Shoot870p
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/21/23 11:02 AM

That why I like a wrist thong, and on my user knives, I replace the green Para cord with hot pink or orange.

Pap
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Your opinion for options on Model 23 - 11/21/23 03:41 PM

Pappy's wrist cord would sure stand out!

Larry