TB Sheath Stamp

Posted by: oldguy

TB Sheath Stamp - 02/23/23 03:43 PM

When did the Trailblazer sheath stamp change from TB to 27? I have two knives with the TB stamps but can't remember when I bought them. Heck I've never used them.
oldguy
Posted by: Stikman

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 09:19 AM

I don't remember how long we stamped TB on them but it wasn't very long.
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 10:23 AM

The "reason" there only a few made was of 2 deciding factors.
1) Instantly popular...right from the "get-go"!
2) This all coincided with a new printing that was scheduled for the Randall catalog!
Gary was smart enough to realize "all-of-the-above" and included the, what "had" been called The Trailblazer only, into the new catalog printing as "The Model #27-5 3/4".
Below is a quick pic I took of my "1st" TB, just to reference the "original" question as to "date of the TB sheaths". This photo was taken "before" I was very much internet-ready".
.................DATE: September 29th, 2009................
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
PS: These pictures (Yes: They were actual "photographs") were taken on my dining room table in Kenansville. Later, I copied the photos on my printer and put them into my documents on my very 1st computer...CCS
Posted by: pappy19

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 10:54 AM

More great Randall history! Thanks Cap!!

Pap
Posted by: Stikman

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 11:00 AM

We started making that style sheath for the 27 sometime in 2000, before that it was the RKS#3 which we made a Scagel style sheath for the club.

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 12:47 PM

I think that's probably close on the date for these Danny. The 2000 (Y2K) RMK catalog already had the #27 in it...so...I "assume" 1999-2000 would be a close "guesstimate" for the "TB"s.
Thanks,
Capt. Chris
PS: My 2009 date was the date I "transferred" my photos to the computer...FYI...and I had computer/internet prior...
CCS
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 02:57 PM

And now TB means Top Bevel...for those who want them sharp.

Larry
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 05:14 PM

I actually ordered the first TB sheaths when I went up front in June of '99, there were only 50 of them done, then we went to the 27 markings...KNOW this one for sure! So, Old Guy; having two of only 50 done is pretty cool!

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 06:35 PM

June 2017 photo (digital) and it took me "that" long to accumolate them.
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris
PS: "Patience Grasshopper"...
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: TB Sheath Stamp - 02/24/23 07:35 PM

TB = Good Dog