Blade Show Does Not Suck

Posted by: tunefink

Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/04/22 07:07 PM

Saturday is in the bag and another banger day.

It was CROWDED and people were spending money.

We have bought 28 knives from walk in's including a Star Flight, three WW2 knives including a chain link model #2. I don't care who you are, that is strong as garlic!

Duke and I more than doubled what we sold last year and have a day to go.

There were no bag searches at the door, it was business as usual.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/04/22 08:11 PM

Good to Hear!!! Thanks for the update!
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/04/22 09:35 PM

Sounds like y’all are rolling strong for sure and that is GREAT!
Walker
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/05/22 11:44 AM

I agree with Mitchell, great show! People with backpacks showing knives to dealer tables and deals being made. I bought some great handle materials and a few special knives.

The people make the show. The display tables in the Lobby were fantastic. Saw all of the friends I hoped would be there; the RKCC meeting was a hit as always.

Captain's booth was always jammed. Mitchell and Duke WOW! Amazing amount of knives. Gary Clinton and Buck had great tables. Jim Sinclair, Sandra Brady, Art Green, James Behring, John Cheek and so many more.

Found by chance the matching Leschorn Smithsonian to the one I bought four years ago. Now it is a pair again; will post picks when the package arrives.

Friday dinner with Captain Chris, Chief and his son John, James Behring and Grant, the one and only Mudbone Jones, James Caruso, Amy from Warlander and Kurt Tripp the artifact guy and his family. Great steaks, knives and wine! Can't wait for next year.

Tom Flynn
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/05/22 07:04 PM

Great to hear that it was a good show.

A bit perplexing that the warnings were posted about doing transactions...sure would chill the atmosphere if implemented.

Show organizers have to understand the diversity of interests, what brings out the crowd.

And accept that they cannot "own" and "tax" everything that people come to the show to do. There is only so much money they can make from putting on the show, and rules that drive people away risk reducing the attendance and certain sources of income for them.

Larry
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/05/22 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: tunefink
Saturday is in the bag and another banger day.

It was CROWDED and people were spending money.

We have bought 28 knives from walk in's including a Star Flight, three WW2 knives including a chain link model #2. I don't care who you are, that is strong as garlic!

Duke and I more than doubled what we sold last year and have a day to go.

There were no bag searches at the door, it was business as usual.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

that is good news, despite what we might be inclined to believe by what is "read on the internet" via the promoter.

Perhaps you can find out why the owner of the show clearly and unequivocally states all you cannot do (yet don't enforce it) as It would seem at face value a deterrent for some to attend, and contrary to what the show has been for decades. As reports came in to me, there were no issues, at all, with "brown baggers".

At this point it is moot but still odd. Let the sleeping dog lie.

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/05/22 09:11 PM

Haha.... I'll be sure to call the Blade show promoter tomorrow and find out where the disconnect occured.
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 06/09/22 10:47 AM

That’s how it should be! What’s a trade show without free trade?
Posted by: martentrapper

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 07/07/22 01:22 AM

Duke.......as in Duke McCau?

Re: Blade Show Does Not Suck - 07/07/22 08:05 AM

Yes, Duke McCaa