Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 06/07/21 11:41 AM

What 75th Anniversary?

Larry
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 06/07/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryWW1246
What 75th Anniversary?

Larry

RMK'S 75th. ... This k ife offering has been slightly delayed. But still very cool!
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 06/07/21 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryWW1246
What 75th Anniversary?

Larry

SUSH!!!!
It's a secret...

:-)Rocky
Posted by: Buck Buchanan

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 06/12/21 08:18 PM

Ya, just keep the info here on the Knife Talk Forums, whistle
Posted by: Rich

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/04/21 10:12 AM

Was at the shop recently and Jason showed me the Proto. VERY nice. Handles a little bigger than "normal" so pattern would show well.

An incredible piece
Posted by: Wally

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/04/21 11:39 AM

One belonging to a shop employee was available for viewing at the RKCC club meeting this past BLADE show. Hard to put into words how awesome a knife it is, and only 200 available!
Posted by: ctdair

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/14/21 08:15 AM

Emailed last night for entry as shown on the instructions. Will Randall verify submission received?
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/14/21 09:14 AM

I did not hear back from my email submission

Peter
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/14/21 10:21 AM

While RMK is thrilled with the response for the 75th Anniversary knife, we will not be contacting anyone for verification of receipt of your entries. Be rest assured that we are taking the best of care with all and they're being safe-guarded.

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/14/21 02:45 PM

is there a form...if so, I cannot find it....
do you just send an email saying "count me in"???

Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 07/14/21 02:58 PM

That's it!! Address the envelope 75th Anniversary knife, include all information needed to notify u WHEN ur name is chosen and sit back and gloat!!

Name
Address
Phone #
Email address
Name of first born
Bank acct #
List me as chief benefactor in your will...

OK, OK, last three were just thrown in...

I believe u can just go to our website and follow directions from there...
Posted by: JordonC2

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 09/30/21 09:40 AM

Today's the day!
Posted by: pappy19

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 09/30/21 02:07 PM

Is that really you posting Scott? If so, PTL!!

Pap
Posted by: Eric

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 09/30/21 02:38 PM

Pap, Post from DW was on July 14th.
Posted by: pappy19

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 09/30/21 03:07 PM

Oh, showed up as a new post. We can only hope and pray.

Pap

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/15/21 10:15 AM

Wife just called , she knows I have been waiting for the mail, and said I received a letter from Randall marked BILL.

Wonder what it is...
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/15/21 11:25 AM

Inquiring minds want to know!
Walker

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/15/21 05:34 PM

Yup! 75th Anniv. Invoice.

Can't wait!
Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/16/21 12:41 AM

Congrats for sure!
Walker

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/16/21 07:28 AM

Was wondering....O.K....they are making 200 of these....can/do the dealers get one??? can/do the folks at the shop get one??? I'm sure they are going to keep one for the museum....how many are actually for john q public....just wondering
This is just the question for Scott....

Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/16/21 08:10 AM

HI Rocky
The dealers had the ability to buy one if they want it. I would think that the people in the shop might be offered the chance also.
Still hoping an invoice is on the way for me

Peter
Posted by: Brent

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 10/16/21 02:13 PM

Got my invoice on Friday, goes out on Monday with my check. Can't believe I was lucky enough to get one. Good luck everyone!
Posted by: willhunt

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/13/22 03:01 PM

I thought it was a done deal, and I missed out on the 75th Anniversary knife. Just got my letter and invoice in the mail today. Very happy and feeling very lucky to own such a memorable piece of Randall history.
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/13/22 03:39 PM

Said as of 12/31-21, they had about 15 from the original drawing that had gone unpaid. Round 2 from there !!

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 12:41 PM

Wonder when the first one is going to hit eBay???
Should be interesting

Posted by: Windsor

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 01:01 PM

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering that, or how soon one shows up FS on one of the FB groups.

Along with that, how much the asking price would be.

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Windsor
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering that, or how soon one shows up FS on one of the FB groups.
Along with that, how much the asking price would be.

Two so far listed on FB that I have seen.
One @ $7500.00, current status is unknown to myself.
Another at $2800.00, posted as sold within an hour of it being listed.
I have read where others say a 3rd is listed “somewhere” for $9000.00 ??
Posted by: nate-dogg

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 06:04 PM

Not surprising. The 50 year knives go for those same big numbers

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 11:22 PM

A few hours ago, an Anniversary Model with the serial number around the 30's, sold for $2.5K.
Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/14/22 11:42 PM

Randall Made Knives could have posted the Anniversary Model on the same auction sites. But they did not. That is class.

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/15/22 08:10 AM

The shop did what they should have, it was the right thing...as far as selling secondary, well, who's to blame there....no one....situations change, things happen....Look at the 15 or so that got picked, and didn't pay....right now, there's NO WAY I'd sell mine....BUT I did sell my 50th, so never say never...still waiting for one to hit the bay...I don't "facebook" don't think that I ever will...

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/15/22 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: thevalueman
still waiting for one to hit the bay...

Here you go:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-Made-Kn...1-127632-2357-0

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/18/22 07:38 AM

and another....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115198617499?hash=item1ad25f679b:g:MA8AAOSwfYVh5J1H

Posted by: djefferis

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 02:08 PM

Not quite understanding the “premium” being paid for the 75th’s recently offered on EBay.

So the high water mark has been set at $3500 +/-

Fair enough - obviously these are special knives and there is interest from those who missed on on getting one from RMK directly at cost.

BUT - look at what other RMK’s you can get for that same $3500, it really makes me question how long we can sustain that price point. At the same price point - you could acquire a 50th anniversary potentially (more limited production, come up less frequently and I’ll admit $3500 is the lower end range - but it’s possible of late). OR you could certainly acquire a Springfield Randall (possibly even 2 lower grade versions), you could potentially acquire a line of the 1/50 Remember Vietnam models for $3500 or right now Nordic has a time machine 50s model 4 complete with signed card and original shipping box.

Point is - as collectible as these are, there are a lot of great options out there to the RMK collector at the same price - all of which are scarcer and some of which hold interest to collectors of military items as well (wider collector appeal).

I really expect these to settle in the 2300-2500 range by June. I could be completely wrong - and of course certain numbers will always be desirable to some (generally lower equals better). Anyone else care to venture a guess where these settle at in the near future? Long term - they will remain desirable I’m sure - but again there are plenty of rarities to keep collectors going. It’s not like there’s 25 of these - with the number produced - we can reasonably expect 5-10% of the run to be available per year - and unless demand keeps up - expect prices to slide a bit.

Compare it to the Vietnam Veteran 1/500 run - they are scarce - but not exactly rare. I’ve seen a few that seemingly are languishing at the 1200 price point.

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 03:09 PM

I would agree with the "pent up demand" of the 75th, however with the limit at 250...these will remain quite rare/popular...there are other "commemoratives" yes, BUT only 2 Randall....also we don't know the actual amount that hit the street....the shop took some....the dealers took some...so, maybe 200 or so....IF you look at all the "collectors" out there, that's not a lot to go around....can you find more collectable Randall's, depends on what your looking for....one persons "collectable" is another's nothing....I've no use for Springfield's...I've got one(75th)...and I doubt I'll keep it forever....we only rent these things anyway...

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 06:11 PM

They were a run of 200, in total, contrary to the previous post. There were 300 of the 50th so it is not (the 75th)less production nor more rare than the 75th. The opposite is true. The 50th introduced @ $375.00. The 75th @ $1200.00.
I (just "Me", personally) care not for a Springfield because it's "not a Randall". You can swing all of this anyway you care to...and I get it...all ways. Just pointing out a few things. The Model #17, Astro, was the 1st knife in space, designed by Bo and Gordon Cooper. There has "always" been significant historical significance attached to this model.
Buy what you like and debate what's what. At 200 in total, I think they'll settle a tad higher....but that's just me. I'm not selling "EITHER" of my commemoratives.
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 06:29 PM

where did I come up with 250??? cocktails...I suppose!!

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 06:40 PM

I would have liked to kept our 50th Anniversary Model, but my business partner and I had to close up the Shop during the '99 recession.

So, we found a lawyer over in Pinehurst, to buy ours, and we split the five grand between us for serial number #49 and the "S" marked blade.

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 01/29/22 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Buck Buchanan
So, we found a lawyer over in Pinehurst, to buy ours, and we split the five grand between us for serial number #49 and the "S" marked blade.

Possibly he would sell it back to you, if you want it back? Never hurts one to ask..
Posted by: freeman1901

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 11/06/22 08:53 AM

I love the look and design of the 75th Anniversary Astro.
I have a couple questions about the design of this knife.
Randall's 75th Anniversary was in 2013, and the lottery was announced in June of 2020. Approx when did the design of this beautiful knife begin, and when did they actually go into production?
Also unique for this knife is the turned stamp on the ricasso.
The choice of the vintage American flag was an excellent one too. To me symbolism of the worn look of it reminds me of the hard times our great country has been in the past few years.
A beautiful knife and as always Randall Made Knives great quality.

Regards, Richard

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 11/06/22 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: freeman1901
Randall's 75th Anniversary was in 2013, and the lottery was announced in June of 2020. Approx when did the design of this beautiful knife begin, and when did they actually go into production?

This came up in the RKCC meeting where they were announced -- June 2021. There was no RKCC meeting in 2020 as there was no Blade Show, thanks to the fallout from COVID.

Anyway, back to the question: The design was underway/completed by 2013. There were assorted delays in bringing them to market, including (but not limited to) retirement of two senior knifemakers and a COVID pandemic.

(Edited to add) My understanding is that 17s are a little more difficult to produce, largely due to the stainless hilt. This is why dealers have a limit on how many 17s they can order each month. I suspect it took some time to make 200 of them during a period where they're trying to catch up on their schedule.
Posted by: freeman1901

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 11/06/22 02:04 PM

Good to know Rob, thanks for those details. It's a fine knife with a great historic beginning with its original design including our first astronauts.
So the design happened back in 2013, but production, was that 2021 or starting earlier a few at a time?
Thanks again Rob.
Posted by: Windsor

Re: 75th Anniversary Knife Announcement - 11/06/22 07:04 PM

I don't know the timeline on the knife production. Someone else closer to the shop would have to speak up on that.