Criminals never sleep.

Posted by: Zzzx Road

Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 02:40 PM

So, I was looking at eBay and found this knife that looked strangely familiar. In fact, it looked like one of Captain Chris’s photos of a knife he recently sold-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDALL-STYLE-D2-STEEL-STAG-ANTLER-WILD-SKINNER-BY-O-E-COLLECTION/224274731934?hash=item3437d0d39e:g:P8QAAOSwHK1f06b~

A little searching and I found the Captains’s knife, and photos. Same knife, the guy on eBay has clearly stolen the photos.

https://www.captainchrisstanabackrandallknives.com/index.php/main/catalog/2125

I really hate criminals.
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 02:51 PM

It was sold to somebody in Pennsylvania. I have no control over what someone does with a knife, once purchased from me..."BUT"...I do get very pissed-off when they use my photos! "THAT's" why I have a property posting on each and every shot on my website.
Capt. Chris

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 02:56 PM

Looking closely at the eBay knife, they are advertising something else entirely (D2, etc), but using your photos. I suspect it is a scam.

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 03:01 PM

Yes, I know. I sent the guy a very "to-the-point" request to "quit" using my pics. Instantly, the auction was ended. Just more crap in 2020!
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure he'll "be back".
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 03:21 PM

He has several others, using your photos, as well.

I like supporting legitimate knife-makers/sellers; and am glad to help uncover the frauds.

Have a great new year!

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 03:57 PM

I've no idea if anything will come of it, but I have reported this asshole to Ebay's fraudulent complaint dept...
We shall see,
Capt. Chris
Posted by: dwhipple

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 05:06 PM

I bought the knife from the good Captain. I give them away, but I never sell them.
It is a nice knife and is not for sale.

Dodge L. Whipple

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 05:28 PM

dwhipple, it was clearly a person trying to defraud others. Legitimate buyers do not sell items for half what they paid only a few weeks later.

I doubt eBay does anything about it, though.
Posted by: Wylie

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 05:57 PM

Not the first time he used Chris’ pics - see eBay item 224274752892.
Posted by: Michael_Mason

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Zzzx Road

I doubt eBay does anything about it, though.

eBay doesn’t give a rats ass about neither the buyer, nor the seller. As long as they get their money, is all that matters to them..
Posted by: Sidney_Redford

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 06:44 PM

I agree with Michael. They are hard people to try and work with, I wish there was something better. Now your money if you are the seller no longer goes to PP but to your bank acct.
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 07:48 PM

Mr. Whipple--

Nobody else has come forward, so let me be the first to get in line for your next giveaway!

Thanks ahead of time.

Larry
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: LarryWW1246
Mr. Whipple--

Nobody else has come forward, so let me be the first to get in line for your next giveaway!

Thanks ahead of time.

Larry

I actually PM'd him earlier Larry...you are #2 in line.

Miss you bro!
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/30/20 09:21 PM

Too bad Ebay doesn't fact check and monitor like Facebook. I just got banned from Facebook for 3 days because I called a guy a dip stick. I should have called him a road apple and Facebook would be scratching their head. Absurd.

Pap
Posted by: Kirko

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 06:22 AM

I would not buy a newspaper off ebay weird people selling their drek and lying about it at the same time.
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 07:58 AM

Pap--

These social media platforms have turned into agents of censorship and social engineering. Not to mention being partisans assuming for themselves the power to steer thought and behavior in elections.

Thinking people should shut down their accounts and not bother with them.

Larry

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 10:48 AM

I have "closely" examined this guy's stolen photos, which he has photo-shopped...BUT...for example, look at the #19-5" in stag. It's the exact same piece as my real RMK listing...Pathetic!
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: pappy19
Too bad Ebay doesn't fact check and monitor like Facebook. I just got banned from Facebook for 3 days because I called a guy a dip stick. I should have called him a road apple and Facebook would be scratching their head. Absurd.

Pap

Fact check. Who the f*#k is "checking" the "facts" on fb? what gives the checkers the authority/qualifies them to determine what is and what isn't? Education? Computer skills? One political affiliation over another? Expertise (real or perceived) in the subject matter they are "checking"? Or is it simply some troglodyte with a greasy beard hanging granola crumbs wearing Birkenstocks and driving a Prius with social justice stickers all over the back to include the obligatory "peace sign"? What?!?!?

What does "fact checking" even mean? If it is not a "fact", then it isn't fact checking, but something else like lie checking? Bunch of shit to me. FB sux donkey balls.

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 11:14 AM

I found one!!!! This was leaked out of FB headquarters, a rendering of a "fact checker"!!
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 12:42 PM

C’mon Joe....don’t sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel.
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 01:22 PM

Dennis Miller style rant.

Posted by: dwhipple

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 01:53 PM

Sorry guys. My gifts are mostly to family and certain young soldiers doing a job we all appreciate.
I have raised a family of Randall fans.
Dodge

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BladesNBarrels

Dennis Miller style rant.

I would like to think I'm that good, but I am afraid I fall well short.

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 04:57 PM

Good for you sir. That is fantastic. I gave both of my grandsons Randall's when they joined the Army. One has been to the sandbox and the other to Poland and Romania.
Posted by: terc

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 06:35 PM

Sidney, That is awesome, you must be proud.
If you don't mind me asking, what models did you send them off with ?
Thanks, Dave
Posted by: eLarry

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 07:02 PM

When I saw the topic it immediately make me think of ex Randall Dealer Rick Ward's deception in stealing $575 from me when we talked face to face at the Blade Show! He knew right then he was not going to deliver. Do not pay with USPS money order. There is no protection.

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 12/31/20 09:21 PM

Dave I gave one a Mod 1-7 and the other a Mod. 14.
Posted by: terc

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 01/01/21 07:35 AM

Great choices. Thanks
Posted by: dirtyharriett

Re: Criminals never sleep. - 01/01/21 10:41 AM

Good luck with ebay doing anything...