Locked Thread

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Locked Thread - 05/11/20 05:00 PM

The fellow who came on and posted up with inquiries as to "what he had" (and it was determined to be a "LS") then proceeded to sell his wares here without:
A) Paying any fees
B) Not listing the knife in the "Buy-Sell-Trade" sub-forum
C) Attempting to post a link to another site or auction
That's 3 strikes boys. I have locked that thread and Scott had previously posted the "reminder" about our listing criteria. Let's keep it real, keep it friendly and keep it honest...please!
Thanks, Capt. Chris
Posted by: osuffan

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 09:51 AM

Respectfully, I did read the rules and am still not clear on what I did wrong. I did not try to post a link to another site or auction unless you are talking about the photos?

And I did not try and sell my knife on here although I did get a handful of "emails" with people saying they were interested in buying the knife. (No firm offers though) But I did not sell to them because I did not think it was allowed.

And at this point I'm not clear on what fees you are talking about. I didn't realize I had to pay a fee??

Jeff
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 12:06 PM

I gotta say, and I don't normally do this, but I am shocked the knife brought the buy it now price. Good for you.
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 12:35 PM

Jeff, certainly just a oversite, but you did mention the eBay listing to come, and added "But, we are accepting offers", clearly with the intent to sell. I simply stated that we have a Buy/Sell forum for this offer....

And on that forum the fees and rules are stated...

Happy u got your Buy it now price...but I did not catch the listing...what was your asking price?
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 01:07 PM

The listing also mentioned authentication, in part, was found through the help of "Knife Talk Forums". It's all good and, I'm with Joe> More money than I thought it was worth...Great for the RMK knife business.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: What Dirty Water said to clarify my post, regarding sale of it and intending to link the sale...CCS
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 02:41 PM

buy it now was $1500 but looks like an offer was accepted
Posted by: Wylie

Re: Locked Thread - 05/12/20 03:47 PM

For what it's worth, I read the post regarding offers to be related to the ebay sale, not through this site.

Anyway, the accepted offer price was $1000.