Yellow micarta?

Posted by: Keith_Hicks

Yellow micarta? - 03/18/20 12:07 PM

What options are currently available for yellow micarta? I would love to have a knife with a handle with something that resembles the antique gold micarta. I just don't know what is currently available.
Posted by: TonyLaPetri

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/18/20 05:29 PM

Keith,

I see no yellow available in catalog.

I thought it has to be supplied by customer.

Tony
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/18/20 05:57 PM

"Bone linen micarta" is your best bet.

Like Tony said, it's not supplied by the shop, you'll have to go the "CW" ("customer supplied wood") route. It can be found here'n'there.

Capt has been known to have a piece or two if you want to chat with him about knife options.
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/18/20 06:33 PM

The shop never offered a "yellow" but the old Westinghouse stuff, if left in a lighted condition, would yellow, that's for sure. I bought (a couple of decades ago) 3 sheets of bone linen micarta (Had it made in Germany) for several projects I have/had going. I am now down to 1/2 sheet left. Below are a couple of examples of RMK "stuff" in bone linen. Let me know if this might be something you would like to order on a Randall.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
PS: Is does not appear to turn any darker...that I know of...CCS
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/18/20 08:49 PM

I have 3 bone linen Randalls, the first is probably 5 years old, maybe more, , and looks as good as the day it arrived.

Pap
Posted by: Keith_Hicks

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/19/20 10:56 AM

Capt.--emailing you.
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/19/20 01:23 PM

Bone is beautiful!

Larry
Posted by: alan_grombacher

Re: Yellow micarta? - 03/19/20 09:23 PM

I have one of the RKCC stanaback knives with the bone linen handle. It is a real beauty. The ox blood sheath is way nice too.