4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions?

Posted by: alan_grombacher

4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/07/20 04:37 PM

Now I really like my 4-6 standard, my 4-5 stag,and my 3-6 stag. I am lucky that I can carry and use mine all field season. My 4-6 is the one I use the most as my most used field knife. Who uses the 7 inch versions? What and where do you use them? What about the longer #5s?
Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/07/20 07:57 PM

Do I use them? I do, but only to have and hold. Maybe too much information. These two reside at my little cabin in the woods of Deep East Texas.
Posted by: Wally

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/07/20 08:08 PM

Beauties too!
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/08/20 01:47 PM

Alan,
I am working on a "way-cool" project right now that will involve a #3-6" & a #4-6"..."BOTH" with # 6 grinds and custom hi-ride sheaths! 7" is too long for any practical hunting use, as I have experienced, with the exception of partially half-ass efficient at butchering and processing meat.
6" on the other hand, different story..."BUT"...traditional RMK (& other) sheaths make them cumbersome to carry in the field and in any vehicle....I'm working on it!
...to be continued...
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/08/20 09:27 PM

Tom, Your picture here of your two knives is a real beauty. They are a great pairs of knives.

Alan

Originally Posted By: tomthbomb
Do I use them? I do, but only to have and hold. Maybe too much information. These two reside at my little cabin in the woods of Deep East Texas.

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/08/20 09:29 PM

Captain,

Keep us posted on the build, I am sure it will be a good one.
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/09/20 11:38 AM

With larger knives I always prefer a sling sheath so it's not on my waistband. Once I had a Coyote pop up on me and I had my Busse out of the sheath from its sling near my back before I had realized it. The 7 or 7.5 always seemed like a sling size blade IMO
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/09/20 01:13 PM

Any photos of your sling sheath?

Larry
Posted by: The Bushman

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/09/20 04:59 PM

Not my gig, but looks well made. GALCO sells it. They call it SHUKA (Shoulder Holster Universal Knife Accessory).
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: 4-7 and 3-7 knives who uses these longer versions? - 03/09/20 05:28 PM

I used a spec ops for my satin jac tac then I had a few customs from mike bartol (mountain mike) nothing too fancy like a proper shoulder rig, just something I could carry comfortably that's easy to drop at camp and easy to slip on.

Not the best looking equipment, I can't find any photo's even though I used that knife so much I essentially wore it out. I sent it in after I broke part of the handle slab near the pommel. Busse melted the spine like the new models have (it had dents from some metal on metal batons...) the edge was in good shape it was just worn down to a pretty convex edge, re handled and re coated it and sent it back! I probably should have been photographing the Busse instead of my Randall's.

I did make a thread on BF and Jerry welcomed me to send her in so I did.

Randall and Busse both have excellent customer service and skilled workers that actually repair rather than just sending out a new knife like every other brand I know of.