Very Cool Old 18

Posted by: Ronnie

Very Cool Old 18 - 02/14/20 09:53 PM

Here is a Mod. 18 I have never shown. It was made with a Soligen Humpback Blade and is marked with a Separate S and Stainless along the Ricasso. I really like blades like this. It has a JRB Riveted Sheath that has been modified. Another item that I like.....Modified Sheaths. The keeper strap was moved from the left side to the right. It came with a white stone and the entire rig is in outstanding condition.
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Very Cool Old 18 - 02/15/20 12:03 AM

Yeah Ronnie, that's a real jewel for sure. Great find.

Pap

Re: Very Cool Old 18 - 02/15/20 09:28 AM

Thanks Pappy.
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Very Cool Old 18 - 02/15/20 09:45 AM

Ronnie,
Thanks for posting this guy. Is there evidence of the keeper being "switched"? I only ask because on many double hilt knives it was a common practice to have the keeper strap as is yours. The top sharpened edge stands less of a chance for cutting the strap as does the long sharp edge.
I will note that "most" riveted JRB's I have are opposite of your photo. I was just wondering about evidence, i.e. old stitch marks etc. that showed yours being swapped. Great knife at any rate!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS; Below: The old & the new...CCS

Re: Very Cool Old 18 - 02/15/20 07:50 PM

Chris in my 3rd photo notice the extra rivets in the upper part of the sheath. And also the original keeper strap has been cut away.
Thanks for the comments.