The "SCOUTS" will be out! So....

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 01:28 PM

What are you looking for at Blade? As many of you well know, I am so "slammed" at The Blade Show that I get very little, to "no" time, to "shop"! Oh, I pick up a few pieces of nice handle material on Thursday, while we're setting up..."&"...I'm fortunate enough to (having been a fixture around the show and the Randall community) have some "stuff" come to me! But...(There's that word again)...I most certainly cannot peruse the aisles throughout the show.
I do have a few sets of "eyes" walking around a bit and I am sure that this year I'll come home with some sort of "treasure"! After all, you have to have a "treasure" to have a "STASH"!
But what about you? If you're going, what are you looking for, specifically? If you're not going, what would you like to see "surface" amongst us? Let's hear from you.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Posted by: Lori

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 01:35 PM

The Mabry's will send you a private message!! This year we both are in search for the same knife.
Posted by: spark42

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 03:54 PM

Lori. If y'all find the one knife, who gets to keep it? You or Wally?
I'm not looking for any thing specific. I hope to pick up and order and maybe find some nice wood for a new project. Mostly its a time to visit with frineds and make some new ones. Last year I say a knife I liked and waited to get it. When I went back I couldn't find the table again. Guess I didn't need that knife.

Dennis
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: spark42
Lori. If y'all find the one knife, who gets to keep it? You or Wally?
I'm not looking for any thing specific. I hope to pick up and order and maybe find some nice wood for a new project. Mostly its a time to visit with frineds and make some new ones. Last year I say a knife I liked and waited to get it. When I went back I couldn't find the table again. Guess I didn't need that knife.

Dennis

Your friends are VERY much looking forward to seeing you!

I'll be looking to see who finds the knife first...Lori or Wally!

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 05:29 PM

Dennis, that's a good Question!! I will probably be nice and sweet and let Wally call it his, because I will be picking up a knife from The Captain, that I ordered last year. And, there will be no joint ownership with it!! Look forward to seeing you also!!
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 06:30 PM

A wish list, oh great!
1. Let's hunt for a Jack Crider Special with a Black Sheath.
2. Always interested in collectible 11's.
3. The same as most Randall collectors: the unusual Randall knife.
I am looking forward to seeing friends, collectors, and making new friends.
Stop by Booth 6 and visit with Mitchell Harrison and me. I think Duke will have a booth close by also.
Posted by: Chief

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/07/19 07:24 PM

I'm going to be trying to get to the wood before the Captain.
1911 grips from Gene.
FWI & ox from Duke.
Some ivory from Gary.
Ordering from several Dealers before the time gets longer.
Picking up a scrimed Stanaback special from my Brother Guido!
Hoping that I can find some Kit blades.
Some cool tomahawks.
Posted by: Billy Poyner

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/08/19 05:59 PM

David,
I know where there's 3 Jack Crider's but not with black sheaths.
I'm going to bring you some shell's (410)..

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/16/19 10:49 PM

My wish list.... I am in search for a set of translucent Randall buttoms,loose bottoms only. I need another set of earrings. Also in search of an old 2-4. About my age would be nice.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/16/19 11:02 PM

And I thought diamonds were a girl's best friend?
Took Deb to a knife show. We came home with diamonds.
Posted by: ROBERT MCINTOSH

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/17/19 02:10 AM

Can someone find me a #11-4 reduced hilt pretty please
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/17/19 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: W Polidori
And I thought diamonds were a girl's best friend?
Took Deb to a knife show. We came home with diamonds.

Warren
We stopped at Smoky Mountain Knifeworks on the way to Atlanta a few years ago and Denyse came out with some antique gold necklace. Turns out it was a good deal. Appraised at 3 1/2 times what she paid!

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/17/19 08:44 AM

Rod,
When a lady can pick out the Coolest piece and has great taste, typically has good taste in men also. I know I got a Rare Bird, and his name is Wally. LOL! I know I can usually pick out the most expensive item, no matter what it is.
Posted by: Neale_Jenkinson

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/17/19 11:37 AM

Hey Rod,had a similar experience when calling at Andy Thornalls in Winter Haven with my wife a few years back.Only went in to say hi to Ken and made the mistake of saying to my wife they have a nice jewellery section here,ended up costing me about 5 RMK's equivelant for a vintage diamond solitaire ring.
Mind you,"happy wife,happy life" springs to mind smile
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: The "SCOUTS" will be out! So.... - 05/17/19 11:53 AM

Neale and Lori

I/we had another experience in Thailand at a Government jewelry outlet. I was skeptical but as it turned out I was wrong.
If you know where to shop ( we lived in Hong Kong for 6 years), you can get some deals on quality jewelry in Asia. Or at least you could.