Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay

Posted by: william768

Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/23/19 08:58 PM

This is a really nice Model 15 Tenite with Heiser Canteen Snap that just came on Ebay .

#15 Tenite With Heiser Canteen Snap
Posted by: ROBERT MCINTOSH

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/23/19 11:34 PM

Near 4000 with 6 days to go. Amazing
Posted by: pappy19

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/23/19 11:40 PM

To think in 1967 I could have had a Soligan blade in 2 weeks vs waiting 3 months for a Randall blade, and now the Soligen blade is worth more. Go figure. The canteen snap is probably the real issue.

Pap

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/24/19 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By: pappy19
To think in 1967 I could have had a Soligan blade in 2 weeks vs waiting 3 months for a Randall blade, and now the Soligen blade is worth more. Go figure. The canteen snap is probably the real issue.

Pap

That's what i am thinking too . I think collectors generally prefer the Orlando Blades to Solingen .The Tenite auctions i have followed ( last couple of years ) , i have seen Orlando blades realize stronger prices . The sheath in that condition is more rare than the blade .

The story ( provenance ) to the knife might end up being a BIG factor to what ever it sells for . There appears to be no solid proof or documentation of the provenance .
Posted by: Wally

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/24/19 02:55 PM

I predict 10K. Anyone else?
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/24/19 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: william768
There appears to be no solid proof or documentation of the provenance .

Name etching for starters
Posted by: ROBERT MCINTOSH

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/24/19 08:58 PM

I thought 6 to 7 thousand

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/24/19 10:43 PM

Canteen Snap Tenite 14 recent Ebay sale

The one above had a BIN at $7,500 but sold for $5,700. It was an Orlando blade .

The one on Ebay right now is a Solingen blade but has a nicer sheath .

Btw- The seller messaged me pics of a few documents that appear to tie the knife to the story .

IMO , if a couple of bidders accept the history and go hard on this knife i could see it getting 7K or more .

My initial concern was that the name on knife is pretty common and millions of men have served in the armed forces . I would bet dozens of servicemen with that name served during Vietnam .

That Veteren who knife is stated to have belonged to was VERY HIGHLY decorated . A really big man .

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/25/19 08:10 AM

I used to own that knife. It is a 14, not a 15. Generally speaking, a 14 would bring more $$.

That being said, the current auction for the model 15 with the history behind it is a VERY nice item, along the lines of the Curtis LeMay and Tex Mahaffey 15's. I know who has those two.

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 02:53 PM

Something "funny" looks to be going on in that auction . The previous high bidder has canceled his high bids on 2 different occasions ?

Really weird . Hmmmmm.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 03:41 PM

Sounds like a shill bidder. Ebay will allow you to retract your bid if you think you made a mistake. I'm not watching the auction but you're right, something is wrong. Anyone can report it to Ebay. If they determine wrongdoing, they will cancel the listing.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 03:59 PM

I am not an EBay follower. But on another knife Forum there was a reference to a tenite RMK that those forumites said was a scam. The person selling it did not have the knife listed, so the fourmite said. (don’t know how that was determined). As well the seller said his PayPal account has been closed and would only accept eBay gift card.
Have no idea if they are the same knife or not.

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: rodbrown
I am not an EBay follower. But on another knife Forum there was a reference to a tenite RMK that those forumites said was a scam. The person selling it did not have the knife listed, so the fourmite said. (don’t know how that was determined). As well the seller said his PayPal account has been closed and would only accept eBay gift card.
Have no idea if they are the same knife or not.

Yes Rod , that one you are talking about was up recently but was taken down. It is a scammer who in one of the pictures states ( in a note ) he is willing to take about $1,500 ( for a MINT canteen snap Randall Tenite knife ) in a direct sale and lists his email address for contact ( In pic ) .
That is a scam that pops up every couple of months .

This auction is a different one . I suspect the seller has someone who is shill bidding for him to test the current high bids .

That bidder ( shill ? ) has over 1600 feedback so not a newbie to Ebay .

If you look at the auction bid history page you will see what i mean .

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 06:25 PM

Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
1***.(1654)
Retracted:$4,101.00
Bid:24 Apr 2019 at 11:51:34PM PDT
Retracted:26 Apr 2019 at 11:13:37AM PDT
1***.(1654)
Retracted:$3,999.00
Bid:23 Apr 2019 at 6:21:32PM PDT
Retracted:23 Apr 2019 at 6:59:08PM PDT

I copied and pasted the above info from his bid retractions .

Retracted a $3,999. bid on 4/23.
Retracts a $4,101. bid on 4/26 ( today ) ? Hmmmmm .

Retracts a high bid and goes back to place an even higher bid .After 2 days with no action/move against it retracts that one too .
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 07:05 PM

ahhh yess!!!
buy knife, not the story!!!

:-)Rocky

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 08:46 PM

I don't think the guy is a shill, he probably changed his mind. I do agree it is a bit odd to cancel two different bids. He is from your neck of the woods clayton.

https://www.ebay.com/str/newyorkcustomknives
Posted by: Tattoo Bill

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/26/19 09:10 PM

I'm glad that he did cancel his bid because I'm high bidder once again.
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/27/19 12:55 AM

Maybe he realized it isn’t a “Canteen Snap” at all.."but a “Lift the Dot Snap”. So maybe that changes the whole deal for him.

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/27/19 01:45 AM

LOL , good one .
Posted by: JE6245

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/29/19 03:29 PM

Could be he's just testing and pushing the high bid in preparation for a last second bid at the end of the auction.

Re: Nice #15 Tenite w Canteen Snap Heiser on Ebay - 04/30/19 04:08 PM

Sold for $5,760.00 . I thought it would have gone for more $ .