Think'n fake ?

Posted by: GHD

Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 06:24 PM

I'm thinking fake (ebay) , what do you guys think, not seeing the quality.
Posted by: Holzinger258

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 06:29 PM

Fake
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 07:09 PM

Is this really a question or are you messing with us?
Posted by: Byrdguy

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 07:10 PM

Yup
Posted by: Ronnie

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 07:11 PM

You would be thinking correctly.

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 07:27 PM

Well it's fun to start a conversation just to see where it goes sometimes.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/03/18 08:57 PM

Premium stag, LOL.
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/04/18 04:22 AM

Again Pakistan
Posted by: Stikman

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/04/18 09:24 AM

The sheath is something "special" also.LOL
Posted by: TAH

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/04/18 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: desert.snake
Again Pakistan

They should be more proud of their work and use a proper stamp. grin

Re: Think'n fake ? - 04/06/18 04:55 PM

I contacted the seller to advise what it was they had there, seller responded nicely and removed the knife from ebay, I don't think they knew it was a fake, I referred them to this forum for all the expert knowledge, and friendly talk about all things knife related .
Posted by: Sphinx3000

Re: Think'n fake ? - 05/26/18 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TAH
Again Pakistan

They should be more proud of their work and use a proper stamp. grin

I laughed hard when I saw this stamp!
Posted by: Sphinx3000

Re: Think'n fake ? - 05/26/18 06:41 AM

Would have been a great Aprils fools day joke, if Randall announces that they are shipping part of there production to Pakistan. To get rid of the five year wait, LOL

New Randall employees at work:

Re: Think'n fake ? - 08/31/18 12:50 PM

They reached a new level. I'm glad that they did not put stamp. The style looks the same as the first fake knife in this thread.
www.arizonacustomknives.com/catalog/product/view/id/359845/s/1010006/category/3374/

Posted by: william768

Re: Think'n fake ? - 08/31/18 03:17 PM

Wow , that's A LOT of $ ( $695 ) for a counterfeit knife .
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: Think'n fake ? - 08/31/18 06:13 PM

Springfield Randall Reproduction
by: Unidentified Maker

Re: Think'n fake ? - 09/02/18 06:55 PM

Gett'm while there hot, this guys has 2 of these (identical) listed on ebay. Unbelievable !
Posted by: Leatherman

Re: Think'n fake ? - 09/03/18 10:49 AM

Man that's hideous

Re: Think'n fake ? - 09/19/18 04:30 PM

They just keep coming.

Re: Think'n fake ? - 09/19/18 10:03 PM

You think fake.....you be thinking right!
Posted by: nate-dogg

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/30/18 03:54 AM

Is this Damascus Randall legit or fake? I've never heard of a Damascus Randall. Here's the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Randall-Prototype-Damascus-Knife-With-Sheath-One-of-a-Kind-1990-1991/253955909518?hash=item3b20f3a78e:g:VvEAAOSwQ-1b1Etd
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/30/18 08:00 AM

Its been reported to ebay. I suggest others do the same to get the listing removed.
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/30/18 09:39 AM

This looks to have been a fairly sophisticated effort, especially when compared to other recent RMK fakes discussed here.

The knife had a small white rectangular sticker on the handle with a hand-written notation reading "P-47". This was very similar to the stickers seen on Rhett Stidham's 'green catalog' knives (which all had "P" numbers). I perused the catalog (on Tune's website) last night, but did not see any knife designated as P-47.

The listing looks to have been deleted from eBay.

Bob
Posted by: nate-dogg

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 02:41 AM

The knife is still listed for sale. I contacted them and he replied that he also has a "Model 8 trout & bird with Damascus, and the names of those involved in the project." But he would not give me the names. I am not interested in buying it, but I would like to learn more about any possibility of any authentic Damascus Randalls Made Knives. Is it possible it is legit? Or is there proof that there were zero Damascus Randall blades? I am just curious and looking to learn. Thanks.
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 08:54 AM

Pickling job gone bad.....ha ha

:-)Rocky

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 01:20 PM

RMK NEVER MADE A DAMASCUS BLADE

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 01:25 PM

It seems to be a few of the Damascus to the 50th anniversary, somewhere was a photo from the museum

if memory serves me, blades from Damascus made Charlton Ltd

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 02:20 PM

The seller says he will be at the Pigeon Forge, TN, knife show this week-end. He would bring and let someone hold the knife there. Is anyone going that could look at the knife and maybe the other one he has?
Here is his response when I asked if he had any provenance?

"I just came by this piece along with a Model 8 trout & bird in a Johnson rough back sheath in Damascus and have not had time to get any providence in written form, but hear is what came with the knives that around 1989-1990 Jack Criders brother who worked for Randall and Im sure Gary [probability not Bo] made these knives after hours on there own. Jay Parkers name was also connected and Im going to the knife show this weekend and may get more feed back on the story. If you had these two knives in your hand there would be NO doubt !!"
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 05:44 PM

I bought several of Jay Parkers knives as well as a few from Tommy Clark. All of this "stuff" came out of Rhett's shop when Janie had her fire sale. There were some very legitimate pieces and there were some bona-fide nonsense as well, this one being one of the later.
The knife has already been to GTR and it is "not" a shop knife...in any way! Tommy specifically asked Gary if he had a problem with him (Tommy) selling and it and GTR said "no", which is how the knife came into Jay's hands...and, yes, Jay knew this knife was not shop made.
Someone is taking a short cut through the facts, i.e.: Using this piece and that piece to "piece together" a story.
A total fake. Hope this helps.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: Think'n fake ? - 10/31/18 07:03 PM

It seems to be a few of the Damascus to the 50th anniversary, somewhere was a photo from the museum

if memory serves me, blades from Damascus made Charlton Ltd

You are correct, there are two in the museum. The blades were not made/forged by RMK. It was little more than a short thought that didn't go anywhere.

So anyone, anywhere, or anytime, past, present, or future, stating that any damascus blade is being claimed as an RMK is full of s*^t. Period.

Re: Think'n fake ? - 11/01/18 10:08 AM

Great info.
I will cancel my plane tickets to Pigeon Forge.

Re: Think'n fake ? - 06/13/20 11:32 AM

guess what came up again))

Re: Think'n fake ? - 06/13/20 03:39 PM

Yep you’re thinking right.