Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle

Posted by: Zogger

Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 04:33 PM

So I got my Triathlete (thanks to Buxton Knives) and I am considering making some "grips" for it. While I figure out what material, etc. to use, where can I find the screws that people use to put the grips on?

Thanks!
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 04:51 PM

Most of the Tri's that I have seen as well as the ones I have with scales have mosaic pins and not screws. The scales are glued and pinned. The mosaic pins can be purchased from various knife making supply companies and there are directions online about making your own. I would guess that the supply companies would have fancy screws also.

Peter

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Peter_Kaufman
Most of the Tri's that I have seen as well as the ones I have with scales have mosaic pins and not screws. The scales are glued and pinned. The mosaic pins can be purchased from various knife making supply companies and there are directions online about making your own. I would guess that the supply companies would have fancy screws also.

Peter

Thanks! I will do some searching.
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 05:05 PM

Lee,

You could contact Grant at Behring Made. They use screws in their Techical series of knives. Not sure if thats what you're interested in but they should be able to hook you up.

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 05:51 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: tunefink

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 06:29 PM

If I were going to try it, I would contact this fellow forumite! DJohnson

He has done some cool stuff!

http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=3387
Posted by: Buckspen

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 06:52 PM

I bought the mosaic pins for this knife from a seller on eBay. Lots of knife making stuff there.
-Buckspen

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/19/17 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Buckspen
I bought the mosaic pins for this knife from a seller on eBay. Lots of knife making stuff there.
-Buckspen

Very nice! Kinda what I am thinking of doing.
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Fancy Screws for Triathlete Handle - 11/24/17 05:42 PM

Zogger,

Consider calling Duke McCay at Gulf Breeze for some Musk-ox scales they look incredible on a Tri!

Tom Flynn