Fighting Field Knives

Posted by: tunefink

Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 10:52 AM

Let's see your field knives set up as fighters.....

Here is an early 50's Model #4

Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 10:58 AM

Very nice Tune. I'd like to know who got the 3-7 that Ron posed the other day from the ebay auction. Can't remember ever seeing one like that before.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 11:25 AM

I would like to know as well Warren, that was a nice piece. It went cheap as well.

Posted by: Whiteman

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 11:58 AM

I know who wishes he had just hit buy it now!!! I had at least 5 minutes to make a move but waited to hear from Burnie...and it was gone..
Posted by: Robert Frey

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 03:58 PM

My #4 - 4 1/2" Fighter version:

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 05:34 PM

I'm posting this for Kevin Lough out his fabulous 19 collection. Sorry for the bad image quality. By the time I cropped and enlarged it got really grainy. RIP buddy.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 05:54 PM

19's make pretty good looking fighters.......

Posted by: Wally

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 07:00 PM

Seems like I've seen some fighting 8s lately.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 07:18 PM

There's got to be a Stanaback Special somewhere with all the options available. Let's see it Capt., show it.
Posted by: Tattoo Bill

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 07:23 PM

Here's a Model 8-4" Fighter.....Skull Crusher and all!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 07:38 PM

I kinda like the 8-4 fighter, yours is built just right too!
Posted by: GHD

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 08:17 PM

This an 8 I had, but it's no longer with me.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 09:04 PM

That's sexy.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 10:04 PM

It is kinda curvy.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 11:08 PM

This one is a model #5..... no dip on the back of the blade and the top is unsharpened. Not sure why someone would order it...... but it sure is purty.

Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/10/16 11:10 PM

Stanaback Special, "NASA FLIGHT FIGHTER". You can see, pictured with my knife, a piece of the NASA G-10 "insulator". When the salvage was done, Perry's crew from Woodson & Assoc. would cut (Rip, if you will) the circuit boards and insulator blocks, using the mounting holes as a guideline. (It was just, plain, easier)..
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 05:18 AM

That handle looks glow in the dark sick

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 08:02 AM

My Model 4-7" Crown Stag Fighter!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 08:05 AM

How about a killer "KIT" knife in Crown Stag?
Posted by: cliff14094

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 10:19 AM

Bill, the 4-7" Crown Stag fighter is a knockout. Beautiful lines.

Cliff Lacey
RKS 23
RKCC- CM26
NRA Life

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 05:50 PM

Bill,

The 4-7 in crown stag is awesome. I've always loved crown stag but I guess you figured that out already. Whoever finished the Kit knife did a great job. So I would say that is a model 5 kit blade? Thanks for posting these, both great knives.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 06:15 PM

Warren, I just purchased another 4-7" Crown Stag at the Spring Shop Sale today as well....

The "KIT" knife appears to be a Model 4 with a reduced upswept blade angle. A really neat knife!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 06:38 PM

Nice job, all are eye candy.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:03 PM

Bowies are not always considered field knives, but the Little Bear and the Sportsman come stock with a single hilt. Here are a pair of Old Yellows with double forward curved hilts, Griffin handles and brass butts.

Posted by: Chief

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:09 PM

sexy looking sportsman!!!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:10 PM

....says the man with a think for forward curved hilts.
Posted by: Birdsinhere2

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:12 PM

Man.. That's a sexy pair of super cool fighters !! Old yellow too.
very nice!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:13 PM

Busted! that grind is starting to grow on me more & more!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:14 PM

Oops. Chief and I posted at the same time.... Sexy they must be!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:17 PM

Post that little #8 Marty!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:21 PM

You guys are over looking the exceptional SFG handle. This one is over the top.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:35 PM

Here is one more fighting fielder...... and a rare one. You can't order this configuration now. A model #5-5" with sawteeth. If you want a 5" blade with sawteeth now, you get a Combat Companion. No model #5's ot #1's.

Double hilt, Old Yellow, commando handle - stainless, radius butt and a thing to boot.

Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:47 PM

Seems the requisite is a double guard on a field knife. How about this:

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:53 PM

That's the ticket T-bomb. Nice model 22 handle!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:58 PM

Well, I'm not much of a photographer, but here's one ( hopefully) Mitchell ask me to post. Extra long stag, left handed finger grooves, low S...I owe ya for this one buddy!! Thanks again!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 09:59 PM

As I told you in Tulsa..... I should have bought that knife! But I am glad you have it for your Low S collection. Very cool......

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 10:04 PM

Sorry, the pics don't do it justice. I'm glad you didn't buy it.
Blind sow theory..

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/11/16 10:05 PM

Well it looks like lightning struck twice grin
Posted by: BoBlade

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 10:52 AM

Tune,

Great topic! I had / have a fair number of fighting field knives, some of which I turned loose of after I made a decision to collect only Hunters. There are times I regret this decision, but then I think of all the nice Hunters I would have had to pass up because I couldn't afford them.

This is one of my favorites and there is a nice story behind it: 10 years or so ago, this knife and sheath come up on ebay and I ended up losing it to Perry. At the next Blade show I asked him if he still had it. He digs under a pile of knives in his display case and damned if he doesn't come up with it! I ask him how much he wants and he tells me he'll take what he paid for it! That act cemented my absolute trust in the guy and we had many business dealings in the years that followed. More importantly, I had acquired a dear friend:

The next knife also has a Randall friend involved: His name is Bob Eckman and when he arrived on the Randall scene, he bought more Randalls than Tattoo Bill (If you can believe that! grin). In any event, Bob decided to get out of Randalls years later and this is one of his holding he turned loose of. There is a line in Isaiah 2:3-4 that goes "they shall beat their swords into plowshares". This applies here: The top quillion was likely lopped off post war to facilitate the use of the knife for civilian activities. Note: The polished stag handle is rare for this era:

This is another one of my favorites. It is an example of Tom Leschorn's earliest work (The "Low S" puts the knife forging to '64-'65, and Tom's first work with Bo was in 1964). Tom carved his initials in the ivory insets in his earliest work:

As an aside, I was lucky enough to pick up a "mini me" example sans fighting hilt shortly after acquiring the 6" version:

This one is name-etched to a Korean war vet. It has every option possible for a knife in the early 50's to include a compass in the butt:

This one came up on ebay with only a "knife" as the description. As a result, it went pretty cheap. It had never been sharpened:

I have more Model 3's with a double hilt. However, I need to take some pics so I can post them (which I will do this week).

Best,

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 12:29 PM

This turning out to be a really great thread. Fantastic knives you guys have.
Posted by: GCTom41

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 12:54 PM

Ron,

Wow, awesome knives! I have the younger brother to your Leschorn, that Low S is unique.

Tom Flynn

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 01:04 PM

Thanks, Tom. That 3-6 of yours is a killer as well. You have the tooled sheath that mine is missing. The chances of me finding one is slim to none.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 01:13 PM

Ron,

Yes it was in really descent shape too.

I can take really good care of yours and put it in the tooled sheath every now and then!!!! LOL

Nice to see such great examples of true craftsmanship.

Tom Flynn

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GCTom41
Ron,

I can take really good care of yours and put it in the tooled sheath every now and then!!!! LOL

Tom Flynn

Now that's funny!!! Somebody pulling a Ron statement on Ron, LOL!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 05:21 PM

The "mini" that matches the Tom Leschorn knife, there's gotta be a story there! I'm sure the list of things I haven't seen could be written on toilet paper, and it would unroll to the moon and back. I don't recall seeing a "low S" mini before!
Posted by: TAH

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 08:09 PM

One of the coolest threads we've had on the forum. Keep'em coming!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/12/16 10:37 PM

Quote:
One of the coolest threads we've had on the forum.

Thanks to all for the posts..... I encourage all of you to start a thread that interests you. There's nothing to it......

As TAH said....Keep them coming.
Posted by: crutchtip

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 06:26 AM

Is a double hilt the only qualification?

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 07:54 AM

Ron,

Tom Flynn

That's really a great idea, Tom! I have been wondering how I can cheer the poor guy up. He just can't feel good in a standard sheath. I went ahead and shipped him out to you by Fed Ex. The tracking number is "1" (Fed ex ran out of numbers and is starting over. If their tracking site doesn't recognize the number, just keep trying as their system has to reboot with the new numbers). He needs to cut something up from time to time, so please let him. Also, he'll be wanting to keep in touch with me (He knows how to text). Thanks in advance.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 07:56 AM

Will keep a look out for that day Ron!

You have some great knives there!

Tom Flynn

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Chief
Ron,

Tom Flynn

Now that's funny!!! Somebody pulling a Ron statement on Ron, LOL!

I'm not used to being on the receiving end of one of those, so I struggled with the reply. frown

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Wally
The "mini" that matches the Tom Leschorn knife, there's gotta be a story there! I'm sure the list of things I haven't seen could be written on toilet paper, and it would unroll to the moon and back. I don't recall seeing a "low S" mini before!

It was another ebay purchase a couple of years ago, Wally. I was prepared to pay big bucks, but it seems no one recognized it as Tom's work and it went cheap after a week (Less than $600!). There was a really cool bonus: The sheath has a "wrap-around" (360 deg) keeper! I've never seen another. The blade length is 3 5/8" and the sheath has no marking other than the logo and fits perfectly. My guess is that it was custom made for the knife.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 08:58 AM

Ron,
I have had a couple of "double-wrapped" sheaths and, if I remember correctly, both were tight-stitched. I still have one...if I could just lay my hands on it?
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 09:25 AM

Thanks, Cap. I'd sure like to see a photo if you can find one.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 11:33 AM

I found the knife...and the sheath. It's a favorite #20, "oddity" that I have had for about 10 years. Perry authenticated it...and "that" COA I cannot find! Jed Peckham (RMK's former shop supervisor and the man who worked side-by-side with Dave Griffin @ the counter) told me it was not all that unusual for a customer to request the "double-wrapped" keeper as they wanted a bit more security for their knife.
Best, Capt. Chris
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 11:44 AM

that is a really fantastic looking #20... I LOVE that squared hilt!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 12:24 PM

Thanks, Cap. I'm not surprised that there are a few more. And yes...... that knife is going nowhere "double wrapped"!
Posted by: Tom Vaught

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 07:53 PM

Wonder if Sullivans could do some 'Double Wrap' sheaths (for a few "user guys") like they did the 'High Ride' sheaths some years ago.

Think it is possible?

Tom V.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 07:56 PM

I can honestly say I have never seen a double wrapped keeper strap. Another day I learn about another Randall fact.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 08:37 PM

A first for me too.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 08:46 PM

I'm taking a second look at the "oddity" Cap is speaking about. First I thought it might be the camera angle but if Perry authenticated that knife as a 20 and I'm not disputing the fact, that blade does not have the "belly" and profile of a 20 as we know it. The whipped cream is that awesome caramel stag and fingertips. Now that would be a rare knife in every sense of the word.
That sheath almost looks like it would work with a 8-4X.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 09:26 PM

Perry & I were thinking some type of prototype "Yukon" but it is too many years beyond the #20's inception. I think it was ordered by a customer for specific task, probably surgically cutting around the anus of a critter and then having a decent amount of belly to allow for fast, easy skinning! It would only make sense that a "one-off" sheath was needed as it would have rattled around pretty good in a standard #20 sheath. Old Maurice did a good job...I think! Glad ya'll like it. I do too!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 09:31 PM

I do have a Model 5 or two dressed as a fighter. Because my camera and I don't always get along, I don't have any up to date pics.

Here is an old pic of a couple older Model 5's. One is dressed as a fighter.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 09:32 PM

How 'bout Billy and I give you a "by-God" photo lesson @ Blade?
Best, Capt. Chris

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 09:33 PM

Yes Cap it does look custom ground. Portions of the sheath look scuffed up but the roughback almost looks new.
Posted by: Byrdguy

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/13/16 11:34 PM

Rod, your pics are great. They look just about like mine!! An old towel and a smart phone, what else does one need? If I have a few hundies to throw around, I'm buying a knife not camera stuff! grin
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/14/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
How 'bout Billy and I give you a "by-God" photo lesson @ Blade?
Best, Capt. Chris

Sign me up for that photo lesson, Please!
Thanks!
Posted by: Billy Poyner

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/14/16 09:25 PM

Don't know if this 5-5 is a field fighter or not but it will cause hate and discontent!!!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/14/16 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Byrdguy
Rod, your pics are great. They look just about like mine!! An old towel and a smart phone, what else does one need? If I have a few hundies to throw around, I'm buying a knife not camera stuff! grin

Thank you Pat. I have a light tent and all the gear. Not as "flash" as Mitchell's or Billy's, though. I have a decent small camera and my wife has a bells and whistles Canon. Truthfully I am lazy and not really interested in photography! Your correct, knives are more fun than cameras.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/14/16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: rodbrown
Originally Posted By: Byrdguy

Thank you Pat. I have a light tent and all the gear. Not as "flash" as Mitchell's or Billy's, though. I have a decent small camera and my wife has a bells and whistles Canon. Truthfully I am lazy and not really interested in photography! Your correct, knives are more fun than cameras.

Rod, cool

Forget all that, your adventures are as interesting as the knives. Keep them coming friend.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/14/16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Poyner
Don't know if this 5-5 is a field fighter or not but it will cause hate and discontent!!!

Or greed and lust by some of us!!!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 04/23/16 12:49 PM

#65 Recon

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 05/14/16 08:56 AM

Early 60's Model 12-6" 7 spacer stag fighter

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 05/26/16 12:34 PM

Early 50's model 3

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 05/26/16 07:52 PM

Nicely optioned 23

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 05/26/16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Early 50's model 3

Joe,

I've got several 40's/ early 50's model 3's & 4's and every single one has the same finger grips as that knife. Not a coincidence, had to be the same guy grinding them, but who (Bill Platts)? They are all deeply cut and retain just a hint of the outer bark in-between.
Great knife and thanks for sharing.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 09:59 AM

My first Fightin' Filed knife! #3-7". Just picked up this weekend.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 10:32 AM

GHD, Here is the companion for your 23!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 10:46 AM

Looks like they may have had the same mom Bill. Nice !

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: W Polidori
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Early 50's model 3

Joe,

I've got several 40's/ early 50's model 3's & 4's and every single one has the same finger grips as that knife. Not a coincidence, had to be the same guy grinding them, but who (Bill Platts)? They are all deeply cut and retain just a hint of the outer bark in-between.
Great knife and thanks for sharing.

Probably not at that time would be my guess. Being foreman, I don't know how much actual knife making he was doing versus management. Scott might have a better handle on that if the shop is run in somewhat the same manner as it was when Bill Platts was foreman.

Looking back into the 40's, the style of finger grips was deep with bark between, not to a point or "softer" transition, but real separation. Seems that style held up to some degree into the 50's.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 11:18 AM

Yes all of mine have that similar look.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 11:51 AM

This is the 3-7 that Rhett immortalized on his Randall Knife Society newsletters:

The rarity of the double hilt is complimented by the rarity of a finger grooved leather handle. The Moore sheath doesn't hurt either.
Posted by: JE6245

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: RamKingJC

Very nice James -- good get! Thanks for sharing.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JE6245
Originally Posted By: RamKingJC

Very nice James -- good get! Thanks for sharing.

THANK YOU JIM!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 12:18 PM

Ron,

That might be my favorite Randall knife and sheath of all time. Simply awesome! smile

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 12:25 PM

Thanks very much, Tom. They might be mine as well.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 12:33 PM

Ron,

In the early days, I realize that many sheaths were set up for left-side carry, but the handle's finger grooves are for the right hand. Must be a strange sensation to unsheath that knife.
Posted by: Lofty

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 01:53 PM

Drawn in reverse grip with right hand, probably feels just awesome....as awesome as it looks.
Posted by: Kirko

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 03:17 PM

Bo Blade that is terrific ! You're right the Moore sheath "ices" it. !!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: TAH
Ron,

In the early days, I realize that many sheaths were set up for left-side carry, but the handle's finger grooves are for the right hand. Must be a strange sensation to unsheath that knife.

Tom,

Maybe it's just me, but I find left hand finger grooves comfortable for my right hand and vice-versa.

Kirko: Thanks!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 05:24 PM

Dead mint Ron, what a beauty whistle
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 07:10 PM

I've been told that Bill Platts was very active in the everyday activities up until the new shop was built in 1959.

The grooves look to me the ones that Jimmy Garrett was credited with when repairs would come in.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 08/23/16 07:23 PM

Whoever did them was a genius. Those handles are classics. Thanks Scott.
Posted by: mic214

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 10:23 AM

This is my Model 5 with a double brass hilt that I would guess is considered a "Fighter". I recently handed this one down to my daughter to use as a "Hiker" on those Colorado high mountain trails……

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 10:41 AM

Double Hilt = Fighter !!!
Very cool lookin #5!
Posted by: JB in SC

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 12:06 PM

Nice Model 5, Mick. Seems like I've seen a 5-4 with a double hilt somewhere...but I may be wrong.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: JB in SC
Nice Model 5, Mick. Seems like I've seen a 5-4 with a double hilt somewhere...but I may be wrong.

A 5-4 with a double hilt would be way cool!
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 04:08 PM

Thinking out loud, the Model 1 is the same basic blade, and you get a double hilt at no extra cost on it--if you want a "combat" or "fighting" knife. And if for some reason you don't want the Top Edge Sharpened, just ask the shop not to sharpen it, or if you already have the knife then dull it yourself on a large flat stone.

Anyway--I have a Model 1-5 that blade- and hilt-wise looks a lot like the above Model 5.

Larry

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 06:20 PM

Here is one for a little context. It's actually a Model #1 with a 4" blade. Gary Randall wrote a letter on it.... one of a few made in the 80's.

Posted by: Boomer51

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 07:40 PM

Nice one Tune - never actually seen one of those. Were they a special order or an experiment that didn't pan out?

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 07:47 PM

Experimental for sure. Only a few were made and it was never offered in a catalog.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tunefink
Here is one for a little context. It's actually a Model #1 with a 4" blade. Gary Randall wrote a letter on it.... one of a few made in the 80's.

Now that is a neat looking knife……!
Posted by: JB in SC

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/26/17 10:24 PM

^^^^

Sure is a good looking knife
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/27/17 08:05 PM

Here is a phone order from a Spring Stock Sale, 4-5 years back, that my son Mark picked up ordering from..... Gary Randall. 3-7 SS/NSH Ivorite/NS Rounded BC.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/27/17 08:33 PM

Now THAT'S a sexxxxxy knife!!!!
Posted by: Boomer51

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/27/17 11:25 PM

That nickel, black and white look great together - nicely done.
Posted by: LarryWW1246

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/28/17 04:29 PM

Steve--

That is a sexy "fighter."

Of course, it was most likely a customer's order that they did not pay for and receive.

Curious--is the top edge sharpened?

Larry
Posted by: tomthbomb

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/28/17 09:14 PM

Took this photo during the Devil's Horse spawn of 2008.

You never know where a fighting field knife will turn up.

Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/28/17 10:19 PM

Larry, Negative on top sharpened edge!

Nice pair TTB!!!!

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 06/29/17 09:07 PM

Nice pair Tom. Never owned many micarta handled knives but I do like the canvas material.
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 07/08/17 09:27 PM

A Model 20 Yukon Skinner in "Field Fighter" dress. I saw this one on ebay and had to have it...something about it just spoke to me. Has a bit of a pirate knife vibe.

Stainless blade. No thumb notches. FC N/S double hilt. Black and Aluminum spacers. Crown stag handle. Black RMK/Sullivan's Model A sheath with no hone pocket and embossed "20 C" on reverse.

First two photos are indoors; latter two are outdoors.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 07/08/17 09:40 PM

It's different for sure Bob and probably a very rare bird. I like both halves of that knife on its own merits.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 07/08/17 10:26 PM

I like it. Too cool.
Posted by: rfcarlin

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 07/10/17 09:31 PM

Thanks Warren and Wally. It's a neat little knife with an oversized handle which fits in my hand perfectly.

My first fighting field knife.

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 11/04/17 06:42 PM

Nicely optioned 23 fighter, iron wood

Re: Fighting Field Knives - 11/04/17 06:45 PM

Bells and whistles George. Nice going.