Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180314 - 05/17/19 03:57 PM 12-11 Smithsonian Tooled Leather Sheath!
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
Hi guys I just wanted to show off my Floral carved George Lawrence 12-11 Smithsonian Sheath. The stamp is 15XF. The 15 designates that it's 15 inches in total length, the X means left hand, and the F is for Floral. To the best of my knowledge of the George Lawrence Co. (which isn't much), they were originally known for horse saddles, but as cars became more widespread they focused more on gun and knife leather. I have seen tons of George Lawrence gun holsters, but very few knife sheaths. With that being said, I assume this one is pretty rare. I would love to see some of you guys vintage leather sheaths for Randall's. Please chime in with any info, pictures, and discussion on the topic! Thanks for letting me show off my new piece!

#180316 - 05/17/19 04:59 PM Re: 12-11 Smithsonian Tooled Leather Sheath! [Re: nate-dogg]
Boomer51 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee
Great looking sheath. The George Lawrence Company also did tooled leatherwork on trout creels back in the day and they sell for big bucks now if you can find one.

#180317 - 05/17/19 06:36 PM Re: 12-11 Smithsonian Tooled Leather Sheath! [Re: Boomer51]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
I have owned a few Lawrence pistol holsters and liked them. They are top quality.
That's a great knife sheath. Never seen a Lawrence sheath before and the carving is really nice.
- Buckspen

Moderator:  Mr_Mod