Clinton Knives Nifeboy.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181459 - 07/12/19 03:47 PM K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
I got my first "Chunky Frank" in the mail yesterday, but hopefully it won't be the last.

This knife is built like a tank! It reminds me of my Bond Arms Texan.

It is completely overbuilt, yet the lines, seams, and fits are perfectly finished! The blade tip is perfectly centered when folded.

The blade is a hefty 1/5" M690 with a concave grind. The stops are incredibly stout but smooth. It walks and talks like no other slip joint I've ever handled.

The scales are a dark blue C-tek that looks black inside but looks like a piece of sapphire jewelry in the sunshine. I will tell y'all like I told Willem, pictures don't do his knives justice.

He also does scales in different woods and micarta. What he does with burlap and denim micarta is amazing.

Willem's shop is in the K'roo region of South Africa. His internet and electric power is sporadic, but he WILL get back to you through email, krooblades@gmail.com or Instagram @willemokelly.

Willem has been on this forum before. He is a really nice guy. His Instagram page is definitely worth checking out!

https://www.instagram.com/willemokelly/?hl=en

Attachments
------Blue Chunky Frank folded.gif

------Blue Chunky Frank half stop.gif

------Blue Chunky Frank longwise.gif

------Blade perfectly centered.gif

------Sapphire in the sunshine.gif

------Blue C-tek inside.gif

Edited by coachblalock (07/12/19 04:05 PM)

#181463 - 07/12/19 05:52 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
Wow that dark blue C-tek is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I may have to get me one of them!

#181482 - 07/13/19 08:29 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: nate-dogg]
pappy19 Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Looks like a Cattleman's folder. Very nice.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#181494 - 07/13/19 08:32 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: pappy19]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Pap,

I’ve got a Cattleman. They are similar. Blade length is the same but this one’s blade is almost twice as thick.

Coach

#181565 - 07/15/19 02:12 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Very nice coach. Did it arrive sharp?
Walker

#181574 - 07/15/19 09:09 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: Shoot870p]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Walker,

Not really, but that’s a relative term.

I’ll have it sharp enough to shave frog hair as soon as I get a chance to work on it.

Coach

#181587 - 07/16/19 10:19 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Coach, you have a pm!
Walker

#181589 - 07/16/19 10:36 AM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: Shoot870p]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Got it.

#181652 - 07/18/19 06:17 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Pappy:

I dug out my Cattleman and took a couple of pictures next to this K'roo knife.

Attachments
------K'ROO VS CATTLEMAN BLADES.gif

------K'ROO VS CM TOP.gif

#181653 - 07/18/19 06:24 PM Re: K'roo Knives - Willem O'Kelly [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Walker:

I could not send a picture through the PM so here is a drawing of the blade on the Crappie/Bream Fish Cleaning Knife that Willem is going to make for me.

He is going to make it a "lockback" and put it into a Chunky Frank set of scales.

The notches on the spine are for scaling fish. Its a "Blalock" thang, but we like to fry Crappie & Bream whole.

Attachments
------FISH KNIFE DRAWING.gif

Edited by coachblalock (07/18/19 06:27 PM)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton