desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
Hello all again smile

I have one knife - CQC-8, I already showed it,
but I'll show it again. Emerson has very comfortable grips
and a quick opening system - a wave.
As for the round pancake, for which to open, it is not always
convenient when cutting wood, food and other work.
However, for the application to this destination - tactical knife,
it's even a plus - you can open the blade even with frozen hands.

Recently i see message from Mr. Emerson,
I think it's a good idea.
Many of you have them, you can participate smile

Quote:
Dear Members,

As some of you may know we are compiling a book on the CQC-7 knife. A book written by you. The owners and users who are the ones who can really tell the stories. And we've had a tremendous response. But after thinking about it, this wasn't fair to all the owners of other Emerson Model Knives. So we are now opening the project up to all stories of all models of Emersons - not just the CQC-7. So for all the owners of other Emerson Knives the book is now open for you also. We'll just create a separate chapter for Commanders, CQC-8's, CQC-15's, etc. If you want to include pictures, just make sure they are "cleared" and are at 300 DPI.

Now, I know the history of Emerson Knives but only you know the stories. So what I want to do is to ask you to write down and submit your stories of your knives. It can be anything from, "I pried open the door of the burning vehicle to, the lady behind the counter handed me the knife and the receipt and now she's my wife." I know that there are stories that are interesting, humorous and even heroic, I would like to hear them all. For example, I know of one where a police officer lost his knife in a tussle on the ground and found his knife 2 years later when he went back and checked under a bush at the scene. That's a cool story. I also know that there are plenty of combat stories out there as well.

I know you've all got stories. It can even be just about what the knife means to you, perhaps it was a present from a loved one or a father that carries a special meaning. I want to hear your story. Everyone wants to hear your story.

;;;You will need to agree to a release for publication ;;;

You can change the names or dates if you need to for various reasons or you can request to remain anonymous, but in the book I would really like to put your name behind each story so you can say, that's me, when you show off the book to family or friends.

We'll also include a section for the "pimpers" that are out there and for those of you that have customized your own Emerson, so be sure to get those pictures to us as well, (300 dpi).

When you send in your story be sure you include your contact information and agree to the form or we won't be able to use your story.

Now, I can't guarantee that we will publish every story but we'll do our best to get yours in. And I don't care if its 10 sentences or 10 pages long. Just try to email it to us so we don't have to retype a handwritten copy. But, if that's all you've got, we'll take that too.

Wait, there's more. When we get to the end, I am going to put all the names who have submitted their stories into a pot and draw out a name. The winner will get a custom, handmade CQC-6 knife made by me to commemorate the story of the Emerson history. Versions of this knife have sold for up to ten thousand dollars.

So there is my carrot. We'll publish the book, I'll build the knife, all you need to do is send in your story. I'm not asking you to be a part of the Emerson history, you already are part of the Emerson history. Let's let the world know. So start putting your story down on paper and let's get the ball rolling!

Send your submissions to: emersonstory@emersonknives.com

Attachments
------Emerson CQC-8 2009 my (status 2017) 2.jpg

------Emerson CQC-8 2009 my (status 2017) 5.jpg

------Emerson CQC-8 2009 my (status 2017) 9.jpg

#164243 - 09/03/17 10:39 AM Re: Emerson knives [Re: desert.snake]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
My Emerson Mini CQC-7B is my constant companion. I never go anywhere without it. I also have a full size CQC-7B, left hand version, that I carry when I feel the need. Excellent knives!

- - Buckspen

#166456 - 11/19/17 09:51 AM Re: Emerson knives [Re: Buckspen]
Wayne Dengler Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Desert Snake,
In Ernie's letter,he mentions about an officer losing his knife (in this case it was an Emerson SAK) and then finding it two years later.

I was that officer. I got blindsided during a domestic incident and the knife went flying to parts unknown. It wasn't until about two years later I found the knife at that location as I was there for,yes,another domestic.

I have known the Emersons for a long time. See them each year at BLADE. Excellent knive,fine folks.

Wayne

#166457 - 11/19/17 10:56 AM Re: Emerson knives [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Tracer Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Desert Snake,
In Ernie's letter,he mentions about an officer losing his knife (in this case it was an Emerson SAK) and then finding it two years later.

I was that officer. I got blindsided during a domestic incident and the knife went flying to parts unknown. It wasn't until about two years later I found the knife at that location as I was there for,yes,another domestic.

I have known the Emersons for a long time. See them each year at BLADE. Excellent knive,fine folks.

Wayne

It’s a good story. What had the weather done to it? Or do you work in one of those Arizona-type climates? I’m thinking two New England winters under a bush just might have caused a wee speck of rust...
Webley Collector

#166458 - 11/19/17 01:10 PM Re: Emerson knives [Re: Wayne Dengler]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Desert Snake,

Wayne

Cool story, I only found one time that I was losing,
it was a silver cross. I had to leave for 2 months
and I dropped it and could not find it. 2 months he was lying
on the landing, where many people go. When I returned from
the trip, I found him.

I had a quick rust on CQC-8 in the form of spots. I had to cut
potatoes for food. After that, I washed the knife and put it
in my pocket, after a few hours I got it and saw a rust.
It was not deep, it was cleaned with a pencil eraser

#166503 - 11/21/17 08:48 AM Re: Emerson knives [Re: desert.snake]
Wayne Dengler Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Tracer & Desert Snake,
Each week I would wipe down the knife with a Sentry Solutions Tuff-Cloth. When I relocated the knife,it was covered with debris and stuff from two New England winters but was pretty much good to go.

A quick clean up and relube and she was good to go.

Wayne

#166552 - 11/22/17 02:39 PM Re: Emerson knives [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Tracer Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Nice! And a good testament to the quality of their knives.
Webley Collector

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton