Miles Swelze dominionhobby.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187530 - 05/11/20 02:26 AM New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s
Scott Mehus Offline
Just dropped in

Good evening/morning, I just received this knife about a week ago, and came across Spartan Blades by accident. I had never heard of them until a couple of weeks ago(I guess that's what I get for shopping too much on Amazon). As soon as I saw this particular knife, I knew right away it was the perfect self defense knife for me. Everything about just screamed "buy me now fool", and so there followed a big chunk of my paycheck. The only possible con I've came across, is the retention of the kydex sheath. It's great for fast deployment, however, it's loose to the point where I would not feel at ease carrying it upside down. Unfortunately, mine came with a few scratches on the left side of the blade, however, since the black on black version with the kydex sheath is difficult to find, and the fact that I'm not much of a knife polisher, and I knew I would get some wear on it while working with it, I never gave a thought to returning it. Please feel free to give me any kind of feedback, positive, or otherwise. I've already been told:
An ESEE 6 does everything the ares does for half the price and its half as pretentious as well.
$330+tax for a slab of S35VN and G10 with a kydex sheath is kinda silly I guess.

Anyway, I hope I am able to post more than just a single picture, and if there are any other Spartan Blades fans lurking about, I'd love to hear from you. Have an awesome night/morning

#187559 - 05/11/20 06:54 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Scott Mehus]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
I have one Spartan Blade: Enyo

NRA Life Member

#187569 - 05/11/20 09:50 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Robert Frey]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
Both of those are wicked looking blades. I like!
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#187582 - 05/12/20 03:55 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Robert Frey]
Scott Mehus Offline
Just dropped in

Originally Posted By: Robert Frey
I have one Spartan Blade: Enyo

Thank you for posting some great pictures of your Enyo, it looks to be a great option for a neck knife. It doesn't look as though it would "print" through a shirt very easily do to it's slim profile. One thing I wanted to ask about this knife, is how is the retention of the sheath? Does it hold firmly enough to neck carry without any concern of the knife coming out of the sheath? The kydex sheath for my Ares originally had decent enough retention for carrying upside down, however, after practicing with it to obtain a faster deployment, the sheath has gradually loosened up, and I can no longer carry it upside down with confidence that the knife will not fall out. Thank you in advance.

#187583 - 05/12/20 03:57 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Sidney_Redford]
Scott Mehus Offline
Just dropped in

Originally Posted By: Sidney_Redford
Both of those are wicked looking blades. I like!

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it, and Spartan Blades is ATM my favorite knife maker.

#187584 - 05/12/20 04:37 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Scott Mehus]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
My Ares did not come with a sheath. Orange G10 with S30V Tanto blade.

Attachments
------Spartan Knife (2).JPG

------Spartan Knife (5).JPG

Edited by Eric (05/12/20 04:39 PM)

#187587 - 05/12/20 06:54 PM Re: New black on black Sartan Blades Ares with kydex s [Re: Eric]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
I've not carried the Enyo yet, so I can't say if it will hold long term.

NRA Life Member

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman