Randall Made Knife Nifeboy.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#162443 - 07/11/17 09:32 PM RP or Robert Parish knife
Larry Burgin Offline
Just dropped in

I have a combat knife made by Robert Parish in Hendersonville, NC in or around 1985. It originally had an 8.5-9" blade. I will have to look up to remember for sure. The blade tip broke off in a helo door and was semi-professionally reshaped but the blade in the tip area is simply too thick and I think it needs reground, re-hardened, and re-edged. Does anyone know someone that is skilled at this that I could send it to. It is a very cool knife with a hollow survival handle wrapped in 550 cord. The original sheath was a buck knife plastic sheath if you remember and was effective at strapping onto web gear, etc. Years ago I had a leather smith when I was living in Mexico make a leather sheath which I like. I would like any info anyone has on Robert Parish ( I actually knew him, think he died in the late 90's) or his knives. They were prized by many in the special ops community. I will send pics to someone if they can post so all can see. Thanks in advance.

#162451 - 07/12/17 12:49 AM Re: RP or Robert Parish knife [Re: Larry Burgin]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
Go to:
http://www.antiquesurveying.com/rp_knives_______________by_rober.htm for knife information.
...or maybe Miles Welze (http://www.mileswelze.com/) knows more about him. (Miles sometimes sells his knives.)
Robert Parrish works on Antique Surveying Equipment now; his website (http://www.antiquesurveying.com) was last updated July 1st, 2017.
His address is Robert Parrish, 271 Allman Hill Road, Weaverville, NC 28787-8510
His email is: robert@antiquesurveying.com
Hope this is some help.
RKS #258

#162459 - 07/12/17 07:15 AM Re: RP or Robert Parish knife [Re: Holzinger258]
Larry Burgin Offline
Just dropped in

Steve, certainly the right guy with the first weblink. I thought he had died. Last time I talked to him was late 90's and he had completely stopped making knives. Remembered mine and I asked him about regrinding blade but he had no equipment anymore. Do you know of any knife maker that could regrind the end.

#162475 - 07/12/17 02:08 PM Re: RP or Robert Parish knife [Re: Larry Burgin]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

His knives WERE popular with many in my crowd, they also seemed to break easy and got unpopular real quick.

If you google "knife restoration services" you will find quite a few who regrind/retip/rehandle.

#162477 - 07/12/17 04:12 PM Re: RP or Robert Parish knife [Re: Larry Burgin]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
Originally Posted By: Larry Burgin
Do you know of any knife maker that could regrind the end.

I'm guessing ANY good knifemaker could do a regrind, however, good knifemakers have long waiting lists, making them concentrate on existing orders.
RKS #258

#162675 - 07/17/17 01:06 PM Re: RP or Robert Parish knife [Re: Holzinger258]
mileswelze Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona
Check with Robert (email is correct) and see if he can do it, at least check that option off the list. If not, he might might be able to refer you to someone that he feels confident / comfortable with that can fix it. I can also put you in touch with Vaughn Neeley, but I'm not sure if he'll be willing to take on the project. PM me for his contact information, if interested.
Miles Welze -- RKS #5063
www.mileswelze.com
www.consignmentknives.com
Mad Dog Knives, USA Exclusive Dealer

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman