Randall Knife Collectors Club Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183169 - 09/05/19 12:06 PM Sad State, indeed!
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
So, being a Sirius/XM subscriber, I listen to a lot of good music, some comedy (on rare occasions) and some sports talk, Mad Dog to be more specific.
The other day Christopher (Mad Dog) Russo was going over a list of Sports Illustrated's "top 100" most influential players and other people.
Much of the discussion was "why this guy and not this guy", etc. etc... Perhaps some of you listen and know about this 1 hour segment on XM Channel #82.
Anyway...and to my point...just before they went to break and were going to move on to the next segment a caller called in and asked a question that, until that very minute, had not been addressed. He asked Mad Dog: "Is Colin Kapernick" on the list"? Mad Dog stated: "Yes he is"? "THEN"...the caller asked: "How about Pat Tillman"? "No", Chris Russo said, he is not.
That, my friends is "exactly" what we have come down to...I rest my case! I had tears in my eyes. Just thought I would share it with you. A guy who refuses to stand up for the playing of our National Anthem is one of the "TOP 100" and a true American patriot, who left a lucrative football career and "DIED"! for his country, defending that asshole's right to protest is not even on the list.
May God have mercy on us all.
Respectfully submitted,
Captain Chris Stanaback

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (09/05/19 12:07 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#183172 - 09/05/19 12:23 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Well stated Capt. Chris. What a crying shame. CPL Tilman was much more of a hero than the other who does not need to be named.
Just my thoughts.
Walker

#183173 - 09/05/19 12:27 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Cap unfortunately that is what has come from all of this Media driven correctness, politically charging all issues, and mutual aggrandizement society.

True Heroes, First Responders and Good Citizens are now considered deplorables and out-of-touch.

Our American pride and citizenship are screwed!

While we had our heads down working hard they turned all good things upside down.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#183176 - 09/05/19 12:57 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: GCTom41]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Unfortunately it is quite believable in today's left wing media. There is no one like Pat Tilman and doubt there ever will be. He was one in a billion. There was a special on him a while back on one of the channels and it was fantastic. A huge loss for America.

Pap

Edited by pappy19 (09/05/19 12:58 PM)
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#183185 - 09/05/19 06:13 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: pappy19]
Mell73 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Absolutely disgusting..... All media driven in my opinion.
Case Collectors Club Member

#183197 - 09/05/19 08:55 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Whatever media publishing company that owns Sports Illustrated, might answer a lot of questions on the names chosen for that list.
I’ve never read SI, never will !!

#183199 - 09/05/19 09:56 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: Michael_Mason]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
I subscribed to XM radio early on in 2002. I stayed with XM until about 2008 then I discovered Pandora. I have Sirius/XM now in my new Jeep and a couple more before. When my free year is up, I'm done.

If you want to listen to political content and entertainment that is more in line with your values I suggest downloading a podcast.

If you would like some suggestions, PM me.

Btw, I was a Dallas Cowboy fan since day one, I even worked for Bum Bright that sold the franchise to Jones. When the take a knee happened I only follow high school football.

Thanks, Cap for the opportunity to vent.
RKS #4868

#183232 - 09/06/19 07:21 PM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: tomthbomb]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
My feelings about that is.Those people can kiss my arse or bark at the hole.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#183236 - 09/07/19 08:42 AM Re: Sad State, indeed! [Re: Billy Poyner]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Pat Tillman could have been an officer but chose to be an enlisted man and was an Airborne Ranger. Pretty much says it all.

My neighbor's son,who did two tours in the sandbox name his PitBull Tillman in honor of a true patriot.

Airborne RULES!!!!!!

Wayne

Moderator:  Mr_Mod