dominionhobby.com Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176045 - 11/17/18 10:06 PM eBay
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Just wanted to post up here to protect my friends....eBay has become even more adversarial to it's sellers....now, all that is need for a buyer to return an item are these 4 words..."item not as described" doesn't matter what it is in the listing, or how you describe the item that you are selling..."item not as described" will result in eBay demanding you to submit to a full return. If you are miss guided by the line in the listing that says "item sold as is", you should be....And, to add insult to injury, they expect you to pay the shipping to have the item that you describe perfectly, to be returned to you...not to worry because eBay has your back.....NOT....they will not refund your listing fee either.....eBay is behind you %125....behind you is the key word. Lets not even get into Paypal...they are behind eBay as well!!!paypal will capture your account as soon as a buyer even mentions a refund....instantly!!!
BE CAREFUL WHEN SELLING ON EBAY!!!
eBay has no alliance with it's sellers, if you think that they do, you are miss guided....
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#176055 - 11/18/18 09:00 AM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Thanks Rocky.

I've never sold on E-bay, but I was thinking about it for the future.
There must be some good alternatives, no?

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#176057 - 11/18/18 10:15 AM Re: eBay [Re: TonyLaPetri]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

eBay is about the best....just don't think that for one second you are protected, that's all. If you are selling high dollar stuff $1,000+...you need to be careful...if you are paying them 10%, then they are going to allow the buyer to use your item, then return it with just a "item not as described" comment, you will be out your 10%, the buyer will have used the item, they(eBay) will expect you to provide the shipping from the buyer back to you, and now, if your lucky, you'll get back what you sold... maybe not....
I've heard that Amazon is even worse...
I'm confident a lot of buyers are aware of this, and using it to their advantage

Edited by thevalueman (11/18/18 10:16 AM)
RKCC#25

#176058 - 11/18/18 11:15 AM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
I did not get back my item and ebay refunded the guy and told me I should let him keep the item. A total loss. I've sold very little on there since then.

NRA Life Member

#176060 - 11/18/18 03:20 PM Re: eBay [Re: Robert Frey]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Ok. Good to know.
Thanks Guys,

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#176064 - 11/18/18 05:28 PM Re: eBay [Re: TonyLaPetri]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Another point...

I have sold on eBay, and my listings include(d) a 14-day inspection and right to return for any reason, buyer paying return shipment.

Then eBay sent me admonitions that I was not in compliance with their revised return policy, and I needed to allow 30 days "inspection."

Silly of them, but I have not been banned (yet) for including the 14-day return privilege.

I can't understand why any normal person might need 30 days to "inspect" an item...depending on what they are buying (like tools or expensive clothing) maybe use the item and then return it.

I do know that a seller can block problem buyers from bidding in the future, but when I blocked one guy he simply changed his eBay ID and kept asking me nuisance questions.

I tried Gunbroker with a few items, but absolutely no luck there.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#176065 - 11/18/18 05:51 PM Re: eBay [Re: LarryWW1246]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Looked at Gun Broker today....I've bought some "stuff" there....as far as Randall's go....your right...plenty of listings....NO BIDS!!
eBay is king!!! and this is how they flex their mussel!!
Sellers be ware...30 day return....who are they kidding....but it, use it, return it...AND, even if your add says 14 day return...I'll be willing to bet, after 21 days, eBay will be right behind the buyer....to screw you!! YOU _)*)(&_+$(SELLER!!!
RKCC#25

#176101 - 11/19/18 11:39 AM Re: eBay [Re: thevalueman]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
eBay wants to compete with Amazon.

That means expecting big stores for sellers, which puts the hate to the small sellers/dealers.

Eventually someone will step up and scoop up all of the small sellers. Etsy could do it but they have cranial-rectum inversion problems of their own.

#176104 - 11/19/18 11:44 AM Re: eBay [Re: Windsor]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Thanks the good Lord for my website! (& for Rick T. helping me set it up)!!
Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#176123 - 11/19/18 08:51 PM Re: eBay [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt Chris
Yes...while I've not had any luck(no this site), it is an alternative!! which is always better than eBay!!

Edited by thevalueman (11/19/18 08:52 PM)
RKCC#25

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod