Miles Swelze Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167002 - 12/10/17 07:49 PM Name removal from Randall Knife
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
I found a post that the owner states that the original name was removed by the Randall shop in Nov 17. I remember a post by Scott that I thought he stated that he would not remove an original name from a Randall. Now, I could have miss read the post by Scott and that it was his personal opinion that the name should not be removed or that the shop would not do it. can anyone clear this up? I can understand the shops position on this issue, because how would they know if the knife was stolen or not. thanks max

here is the ad description: This is an older Randall Made Knife from Orlando, FL. It is a Model 5-6" Camp and Trail Knife. It has an 6" long, 1/4" thick carbon steel blade, single brass guard (squared on top behind the thumb rest), and stag handle (thick and smoothly polished). The knife is an older 5 spacer model that has its original JRB left hand sheath. It had the original owner's name removed from the blade and polished by the Randall Shop in November 2017. It also has a replacement, current Randall right hand sheath. The knife is like new. Offered at no reserve. Sorry, no shipping outside the USA. Email questions. Please see my other items and combine shipping. 

Edited by maxpastor (12/10/17 07:50 PM)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#167003 - 12/10/17 07:59 PM Re: Name removal from Randall Knife [Re: maxpastor]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
They will remove names. I have had it done a couple of times. Basic refinish....

#167004 - 12/10/17 08:04 PM Re: Name removal from Randall Knife [Re: tunefink]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
thanks Tune, I like the knife but I would not buy a knife that could have been stolen, so I just wanted to check.

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#167005 - 12/10/17 08:21 PM Re: Name removal from Randall Knife [Re: maxpastor]
Jon_Peterson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
I would be curious to know if the shop could remove a name without needing to refinish the entire knife.

I've had names removed but only as part of a total refinish.

#167008 - 12/10/17 09:07 PM Re: Name removal from Randall Knife [Re: Jon_Peterson]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I got a 3-7 seven space stag from the late 60s or 70s
Engraved Charles L Wilson...sold as Senator Charlie Wilson of Texas
Problem is Charlie Wilson's middle name is Nesbit.
So as a reminder of every time I carve a roast I feel roasted
Charlie did a great job of ordering this knife may even be a Ross Allen Special
and whether he was a Dentist or an Air Force General it don't matter I wouldn't change it
On several occasions people have been reunited with a long lost knife here
Sharpi

Attachments
------CWr.jpg

------Randall CW1.jpg

#167015 - 12/11/17 06:38 AM Re: Name removal from Randall Knife [Re: Sharpi]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have never figured out why folks want names removed from vintage knives.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

Moderator:  Mr_Mod