AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC

Posted by: Byrdguy

AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/10/14 06:39 PM

I lost my beloved small decorated Sebenza today. It had been my EDC for nearly 10 years. I feel like I've been gut punched. Retraced my travels from the time I discovered it gone, but to no avail.
Well, I guess it's off to fleaBay to gather up a replacement, unless someone here has one they want to part with for $$ or trade. I have plenty of Randalls that never get used, but a Sebenza would be in and out of my pocket fifty times a day.
Such is life.
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/10/14 09:27 PM

Bummer! Sorry to hear! I lost a knife @ 6 months ago and I still look for it!!!!
Posted by: tunefink

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/10/14 09:32 PM

That sux Pat.... I know I traded two small Sebbies to Cap in June. He may have one.
Posted by: Billy Poyner

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/11/14 09:05 AM

Pat,
Same thing happened with me and my small Sebenza 2 yrs ago.
I even looked in places I hadn't been.Picked up 2 from Chris Reeves at the blade show.1 to tote and 1 for backup in case it happened to me again.You know whoever found yours and mine don't realize what they have.
Posted by: Litch

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/11/14 04:52 PM

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope it shows up again. Sometimes they stay hidden between the sofa cushions or under the seat in the truck...
I keep my fingers crossed for you!
Posted by: BOB_TEATES

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/11/14 05:27 PM

That does suck for you Pat.I hope it turns up.

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/11/14 06:56 PM

Thanks, guys. I keep hoping it will show up. I have another small regular decorated Seb in the safe, new and unused, that I thought about dragging out, but I have a new small Seb 21 on the way for an EDC. I see the regular versions are getting scarce.

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/16/14 06:39 PM

Well this one showed up today, so maybe I'll personalize it by polishing the top scale and clip and having my initials engraved on it. These knives are so fine.
Posted by: Litch

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 12/17/14 04:22 AM

I'm glad you found a replacement, Pat. A Regular is hard to find these days and the 21 is a very fine knife, too. You'll get used to it easily smile
Posted by: Skeetdoc

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 01/04/15 01:25 PM

Gotta Love these as EDC's!

Large Sebenza 21 with Carbon Fiber
Ti-Lock

One of these is in my pocket every day.

Doug

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 01/04/15 03:09 PM

Ok here is the deal on my lost Chris Peterson.... I know this is the folder section, but just wanted to bring up to speed... Knife has actually been "Missing" for 18 months. (20 years in NuAwlins hurts the memory a bit)!

The Mrs. found it in August as it had slipped into 1 of the many garage piles!!! Kids and her decided to surprise me at Christmas.... They got me good!!

These are the other 2, the third is a larger hunter. All Damascus with water buffalo handles!

Hope to get a Pic of all 3 later this week!!!!

Re: AARRRRRGGG I lost my EDC - 01/04/15 05:42 PM

Tried to reduce it???? Let's see