Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

Posted by: rodbrown

Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 08:54 AM

We are in Santa Fe, but went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta yesterday. What a great experience. The fiesta should be on everyone’s bucket list. My wife took hundreds of photos.
Here are two of them:
Posted by: Sharpi

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 10:14 AM

Awesome
Thanks for postin

At one time Kodak labeled it the most photogenic event
Did you get to see the glow (early morning or evening}

Sharpi
Posted by: BladesNBarrels

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 10:19 AM

Great pictures and experience.
The TV news was reporting that the first day was grounded due to weather.
They did show the lights from inside the balloons when it was dark and they held the first Balloon Glow on Friday night.
The news photography was from a drone or helicopter and the lights looked like they were dancing from balloon to balloon.
Here is a picture from one of those attending.
Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Shoot870p

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 02:12 PM

Looks like it would be a great time.
Thanks
Walker
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 05:23 PM

We (my wife) did get some of the morning “dawn patrol” pictures. But she took over 700 pics, she informed me today. She has not gone through them all. Today we went to Los Alamos and a pueblo, so not picture sorting yet!!!
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 06:09 PM

Last nights news had a story on rogue drones out there creating risks for the balloons. They have a drone security company out there at the event that can monitor the drone activity and actually track the location of the drone pilots. Showed 1 such interaction!

On another note, went up with the Unicorn Balloon Company some years back in Aspen. Great Trip!
Posted by: Peter_Kaufman

Re: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - 10/07/19 06:52 PM

Rod
nice photos, it sounds like a nice trip. You guys need to stop by in Utah some time, I would be delighted to show you around some

Peter