Randall Made Model 15?

Posted by: Hatch

Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 05:04 PM

Hello all. Not sure if this is the right location to post this but I have browsed over the Model 15 thread and did easily find this particular knife and handle combination. I purchased this knife being told it was a Model 15 with a specific handle but cannot for the life of me remember what the gentleman told me the handle style was. If I need to make an introduction post please inform me. Did not see anywhere that it may be a requirement.
Thanks In Advance,
Josh "Hatch"
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 05:22 PM

Welcome aboard. That handle is a Commando shape. Nice looking 15. Good luck and enjoy.
Posted by: mic214

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 05:23 PM

That is a great looking knife!

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 05:25 PM

Awesome, Thank you both. I may not frequent very often but will be here from time to time possibly with questions trying to determine a model or a handle style. Also, with this being a commando handle, this is made out of micarta?
Josh "Hatch"
Posted by: W Polidori

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 05:38 PM

Looks like shop supplied black micarta.
Posted by: mhwwlmc

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/08/18 10:00 PM

It's actually Model 15 CDT (Cut Down Tang). The CDT has the tang of the handle cut down to reduce weight and also has spacers behind the hilt.
Posted by: TAH

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/09/18 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Hatch
questions trying to determine a model or a handle style.

Welcome! Here's a quick reference for handle shapes. smile

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/09/18 10:21 AM

Thank you so much for all the help everyone. I can already tell this community is a great one with plenty of useful knowledge.
Posted by: JE6245

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/09/18 01:29 PM

Coincidentally, a knife exactly like yours just went up for sale on ebay.
Posted by: RamKingJC

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/09/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: JE6245
Coincidentally, a knife exactly like yours just went up for sale on ebay.

In Alaaa BAMA!!!!

Must be a full moon

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/13/18 05:15 PM

I will admit. That would be the knife I was inquiring about. I am a collector of sorts (no necessarily knives) but I am also in the business of Collectibles, IE, Numismatic coins, and also deal in Jewelry and select antiques. I was afraid to post an Ebay link as I saw you guys have a sell section and did not want to impede on any existing rules against!

RamKingJC - Sweet Home Alabama, wouldn't have it any other way. Love the location I am in!
Posted by: Tattoo Bill

Re: Randall Made Model 15? - 03/17/18 12:23 PM

I wonder who bought this one too.........lol